Saturday, April 2, 2011

windowsill and another flower



Here is another of my flowers



I started out trying a white, "bride" type flower.  It turned out really stiff and weird so I pulled it apart and painted some parts of it and reassembled it .  I had to add stamens because I love stamens.  It still seemed blah, so I tried some vintage brooches on it.  All it needed was some sparkle.  You can't tell from the photo, but the plastic pin (which makes me think of a butterfly) has rhinestones!




What is on my windowsill:  a little pumpkin from last year, one of those plants that don't need dirt, a forsythia sprig, and a piece of silk dyed with some bark off my old grape vine.  It has a nice color, but I want to see how lightfast it is so I have bound it and placed it in the sun.  I also wrote what I dyed it with on it with a sharpie.  Dye samples are really unhelpful when you don't record what you used.

But they will make nice flowers!

1 comment:

  1. I also wrote what I dyed it with on it with a sharpie. Dye samples are really unhelpful when you don't record what you used.

    Should Be:

    I also recorded the dye source, with a sharpie, on a corner of the fabric (dye experiments are not that useful when you don't record what you used).

    ReplyDelete