Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cedar River quilts

no. 1 info and more pictures here
 If you have been to my store in West Branch you have probably seen these.  I did them a while ago when my husband and daughter did a cleanup on the Cedar River with our state's DNR Project Aware.
I followed along on maps while they did the dirty work, and the maps inspired this series.  My husband, Colin Gordon, is now immersed in map making.  You can find more info on his work here.

no. 3 info here

no. 2 info here
I have listed these in my etsy store, and in West Branch you can see more quilts in the series.  They need homes!

I also found this on a walk this week.  I have never found a whole robin's egg before.  It was on the ground beneath a big Cedar, so there was no way of returning it to the nest.


No comments:

Post a Comment