Tuesday, October 4, 2011

One of a kind

I have recently put a couple of one of a kind scarves on etsy.  I have had them around a while and they need homes!   Both are experiments, which are always the most interesting.



This is one of my favorite fabrics, a very textural woven silk.  I dyed it a mustardy gold color and printed on it.  On the lower side edges I have attached beautiful glass beads strung on linen.  They add a nice weight.  I also scattered the beads on both sides of the bottom, and left the lower edge raw.


You can find it for sale here


I also experimented with indigo earlier this year.




 I dip dyed a length of charmeuse, and then discharge printed it.  The effect is very subtle, it's hard to see in these photos, but in real life you can see the plant forms.  I lovingly hand rolled the hems and applied beads along the bottom edge.  They are a beautiful blue but I can't remember what stone they are.


You can find this scarf here

No comments:

Post a Comment