Thursday, March 17, 2011

dyeing with madder





I used madder to dye for the first time!  It was fun!

I started by measuring the weight of the 2 scarves I wanted to dye, they were already premordanted.



Then I measured the same weight of madder sticks, and cut them up smaller.


 I simmered the madder for an hour, strained it and simmered the silk scarves for an hour.


One of the scarves was previously bound over plant materials, an eco print experiment.

I will take a picture of the scarves tomorrow, but here are some of my other eco print experiments.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post. I will visit your blog regularly for Some latest post.
    Silk Scarves UK

    ReplyDelete